That little blurb from NYPost re how Kristen Taekman was chosen to become the new face on the RHONY is seriously misguided.
The NYPost item implies that MissAndy just took one look at Kristen and wanted her as a New York Housewife:
Kristen Taekman went with Brandi Glanville to the Bravo “upfront” promotion earlier this year and started chatting with producer Andy Cohen, who immediately asked, “Why aren’t you on ‘Real Housewives’?”
In reality, Kristen was at the BravoUpfronts (the Upfronts are just a big party where Bravo sells their shows to advertisers) because she was ALREADY a NY Housewife…
…and was not attending as a guest of Drunk Otis!
While Kristen and Brandi are ‘friends’ from their long-ago modeling years, Brandi Glanville is NOT the person who secured a spot on the RHONY for Kristen.
NOTE: YIKES!!! LisaWhoLivesInAVanDownByTheRiverPumpDump was callin’ HagfaceKyle “fat” back at the Bravo Upfronts!!
BACK TO KRISTEN…
Kristen got her Bravo golden ticket thanks to fellow New York castmate, Heather Thomson!
However, it is much better, PR wise, to attach newbie Kristen to DrunkOtis.
WHY?… Why the attempt to attach Kristen to that lovable blabbermouth, uncouth example of white trash? WHY!?!?
Unfortunately for the RHONY, their public persona is that of old, staid and covered in two inches of dust. NOTE: That is not to say that individually any of the New York Housewives are old, staid and covered in two inches of dust! Perhaps lightly coated… we’ll chat about each of the NY Housewives later!
BACK TO KRISTEN!
Kristen being New York’s “young-ish” Housewife, ala DrunkOtis, breathes new life into the NY franchise… at least, that’s what Lord of the Housewives, MissAndy and Bravo is hoping and trying to
shove down viewers throats help along the RHONY viewers perception of that franchise! The RHONY needs a drastic ratings boost and Bravo/MissAndy is hoping that Kristen will help with an increase in the coveted age group of 18-49 demographics.
Let’s take a look at everything there is to know about Kristen Taekman:
- Kristen grew up in Farmington Connecticut.
- After graduating from high school, Kristen moved to Paris to pursue a modeling career. Just as Drunk Otis did…
- Kristin graduated high school at the age of 16. (Drunk Otis ditched high school when she was 24 and still in the ninth grade!)
- As a model she lived in or traveled to Italy, Australia, Miami and Los Angeles. Along the way, she met and modeled with Brandi Glanville…. their paths cross and uncross several times.
- Kristen is married to Josh Taekman.
- Kristen and Josh Taekman are the parents of two children.
- Josh Taekman is the founder of Eboost, an energy supplement.
- Josh worked for Diddy as the VP of Marketing for Bad Boy Entertainment. This is how Heather first met Kristen. (Heather used to work for Diddy as the founding Design Director for his clothing line.)
- Heather Thomson calls Josh Taekman “Joshie”! “Joshie and I have known each other for a very long time,” says Heather. How cute.
- Heather introduced Kristen to the cast of the RHONY because of her closeness with Josh Taekman.
- Kristen had modeled for Heather’s YummieTummie shapewear.
- Kristen is still friends with RHOBH’s Brandi Glanville.
- Kristen and Josh lived in Venice Beach, California where both of their businesses began to take off.
- Josh Taekman owns EBoost energy drink.
- Kristen owns the greeting card company 2nd Street Press.
- The Taekman’s moved from California to New York City and has lived on W 25th for years.
- Kristen’s “2nd Street Press” sells greeting card organizing boxes to customers worldwide.
From 2ndStreetPress: How the business came to be… according to Kristen…
“Greeting cards have been a passion of mine for years and I collect and send them with vigor. Keeping them organized and at the tip of my fingers has proven to be the ongoing challenge. Life would be much simpler if I had a dedicated place to store and categorize all of my greeting card needs. Thus the birth of my Card Box!
I’ve created two elegantly designed boxes which look great on any desktop to house all of your cards, pens, calendars, stamps and so on. I am thrilled to share my dream with you and I hope you find it simplifies your life as much as it has mine!” NOTE: WOW!!! This chick is really into greeting cards and how to organize them!! A real brainiac…
LOOK FOR MORE INTERVIEWS WITH JOSH AND KRISTEN TAEKMAN… pushin’ EBoost energy drink! Look! A $5 discount in exchange for your email address!
Kristen is an “investor” in EBoost and will probably be taking on more of a “spokesperson” role as soon as the RHONY’s next season premieres in March! Interesting that Josh Taekman states that vitamins do not supply the body with energy… Hmmmmm…
NOTE: Will there be cross referencing and tie-ins with other Housewives?? Look for Yolanda Foster to mention that a great place to keep all the cards and stationery purchased from Yo is one of Kristen’s boxes! Oh, no!! Just gave away another PR move for these Housewives! That might or might not happen… what WILL happen is that viewers will be seeing some product placement on the RHONY for that EBoost stuff!