August 13, 2012 5:35 pm UPDATE August 15, 2012 5:40 pm
SH sent the following via email to the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) at CampingWorld/GoodSamEnterprises regarding their involvement with the recent Real Housewives of New Jersey story line… the trip to Napa in CampingWorld RVs:
- Would appreciate your time in answering a few questions re Camping World and its association with Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey”…
- We have researched your sites/twitter and have found nothing on either the “Camping World” or “Good Sam Club” site to tie Camping World in with this reality show.
- Is there any particular reason why Camping World and/or Good Sam Club is not promoting your association with the RHONJ?
- Would Camping World, if approached for involvement on the RHONJ, sign up again?
- Has Camping World heard any feedback from customers of Camping World re their involvement on the RHONJ?
- If you have promoted Camping World’s involvement with the RHONJ, would you kindly reply with a link to the item?
After sending a second request, received the following reply from CampingWorld’s CMO:
The show simply rented RV’s from us. We did not have any promotional arrangements with them.
NOTE: These very short sentences from CampingWorld speak very loudly. One can only conclude that CampingWorld wanted no part of what was aired on the RHONJ! Otherwise, why ignore an opportunity to promote their “brand”… especially when there are other companies which specialize in RV rentals; such as 84 RV Rental (specializing in renting RVs to NJ, PA and NY), and CruiseAmerica RV rental, just to mention two other RV rental companies, which would probably have promoted their RV rental company name if shown on a national TV show!
Interestingly, “GoodSam”… CampingWorld’s parent company… sent out press releases re GoodSam being showcased on Celebrity Apprentice on their site back in April 2012!
In searching both CampingWorld and GoodSam sites for “RealHousewives” “Housewives” or “Real Housewives of New Jersey”… there are no results for any “official” information or press releases. However, there is a search result on the “GoodSam” site which leads to an enlightening discussion forum!
ALSO… there are NO mentions of CampingWorld/GoodSam on the RHONJ credits on the episodes involving the CampingWorld RVs! CW/GS obviously wanted their names scrubbed… or “scratched”… whichever word you wish to use!!
One would THINK that Camping World would be using their exposure on the Real Housewives of New Jersey as an opportunity to further promote their RVs, their campsites and their companies.
However, in researching Camping World, a subsidiary of the Good Sam Club, there is no mention of their involvement in the Real Housewives of New Jersey!
Researching Good Sam Club’s “Official News Posts“… and going back two months… there is not a single word about the RHONJ.
In reviewing their twitter account, Camping World has announced appearing on “Secret Millionaire” on August 5… there has been NO announcement for their appearing on the RHONJ! EVER!
NOTE: SH has contacted Camping World and is awaiting a response. When and IF Camping World responds, will update this post. It seems, however, that Camping World just may want to totally scratch their involvement in the Bravo franchise!