POSTED FEBRUARY 18, 2012 2:22 am
Lisa Vanderpump… “You MUST have flowers in every room! No flowers? No problem! Replace the flowers with twigs OR twisty-ties saved from your bread wrappers! Just tie 47 of the twisty-ties together and then make flowers from them! OR… just delicately place some dried up pork chop bones into a low vase! It’s so easy… and no one will know the difference!!”
From Lisa Vanderpump’s Newsletter…
It’s no secret that Lisa Vanderpump’s home is beautiful and elegant. So relax, sit back and let Lisa tell you the 5 things she couldn’t live without in her own home.
- An assortment of great vases. Vases are such an important element to your home, as flowers are one of the easiest and most beautiful ways to add glamour and romance to your décor. Invest in vases of different shapes and sizes and you will easily be able to add height and interest to a dinner table, a console, or a coffee table. Buy small bud vases for a single rose, long, low vases for centerpiece arrangements, and tall vases to make a statement on a hallway table. You can easily mix faux flowers in with the fresh ones to ease up on the cost of fresh flowers, and nobody will know the difference!
- A great piece of art. Invest in a fantastic piece of art and design your room around it. This doesn’t have to be an extremely expensive piece—it can be anything from a postcard to a child’s drawing. The trick is to frame it and light it beautifully. If you spend the money on framing your item of choice incredibly and light it with a single spotlight, you can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear in no time. Some of the most expensive pieces of art in the world are simple line-drawings… sketches by Picasso and Matisse for instance… but frame it beautifully and it instantly becomes a masterpiece.
- A classic silver tray. It doesn’t have to be real silver but a classic silver or silver-plated tray is essential. Dress it up with a single rose in a bud vase, a bottle of wine, two wine glasses and some cocktail napkins and you’ll suddenly feel like you are in a 5 star hotel. It’s an easy way to add a touch of style to any coffee table.
- Light dimmers. There is nothing more essential to a home than light dimmers. Replace your light switches with dimmers and you can add immediate ambiance to any room in seconds. Light dimmers are easy to install but, if you can’t, then think about replacing your light bulbs with pink bulbs for a softer, more romantic glow at night.
- Candlesticks and candelabras. There is nothing sexier, more romantic or elegant than candlelight. Buy a few tall tapered candlesticks and place them in tall, glass or crystal holders. Add a few tea lights around the base to make it more interesting. Candles are a must –use them to add instant ambiance to your home.
An example of Lisa’s artwork. If YOU cannot afford an original, such as this, just grab a pencil and a piece of paper and make your own!!
Lisa Vanderpump and daughter, Pandora… “We love this painting so much, we have copies of it in EVERY room!!! Don’t cry, Pandorka… you and Jason are getting seven copies as your wedding gift!!”
(Thanks to SH reader “cc”!!)